Thursday, October 29, 2009

halloween at Kari's!

I'm finally BAAAACK!
Yeah, I know... I've been on hiatus for a long time.
Just trying to get back in the groove... what with working and working...
ugh.
But, I'm trying.
So to start, one of the things I'm excited about is Mike and Kari's house... how they decorate for Halloween. It's amazing. I took photos of the vignette's... wow! I just wish I knew how to do photos in the darker lighting, so you could see everything the way it looks in the 'darker lighting'. BUT, I 'spookified' the photos, by adding a soft blur....
Maybe some of their ideas will inspire you!

Talk about a spooky tree! Terry cut and prepared this for them... it's from our property. Yeah, he actually loaded it up, and brought it to their house! What fUn???
Watch out... it can gRaB yOu.........

They really go all out... took some spooky gravestones from an old cemetery...


Dug up a grave....


This is the entryway.


Following is a close-up of the table...

Just some shots... in the living and dining rooms, and kitchen...

Replaced 'cute' photos... with spooky ones, removed some... tilted...

the books you see on the fireplace mantle....Kari searched thrift stores, found 'spooky' titles...
man, I'm telling you, if you could just for real... sEE this!
She and I found the chair at a thriftstore. Man, it was uGlY! Kari painted it... fabric seat and all... and created the peRfeCt spooky chair... she found the light fixture also...it is soooo
spookiful!


more finds...
the birdcage was white, even had fancy lace glued to the bottom of it, along with a flower???
ugh.
a bit of spray paint... and...


and more...the walls....
mike and spiders.... aaaaaahhhhh!


more fun things..
here's a close-up of a picture Kari and I found at a thrift store... it was SO peRfEct! I added to it... skeleton on the horse, the sign says (something like)...
'witches hollow
23 alive, 3002 dead'
and some bats by the moon... the rest of it is like you see... scary/weird, huh?



more....
does a witch live here????

those weird/spooky wallhangings? Yeah, Kari found those at a thrift store too. What in the world were tHey used for???? yikes.


and down the hallway....

the kitchen...

(you can see a few of Terry's carved owls there...)


this wonderful... vignette was on the island... lOvEd it...
and outside...


there's more... I'll have to go over and take photos... some really neat stuff.
Dang. But I'll be back, be sure to check back... and scroll down to see the things I missed this first time around.

Thanks for visiting.
Thanks for all your notes... encouraging me, and more.
Love you all!
danella

1 comment:

  1. So perhaps I should come to SV for Halloween next year? Geesh! Way cool!

    ReplyDelete