Friday, April 17, 2009

Mini Books... what to do with them?

I have LOTS of mini books! I love them. Why? Because I can 'tell a story' about an event, person, or thing... and have it handy and accessible... and they're fun!
BUT...
what in the world do you do with them? I did have them on a shelf, in plastic trays... UGLY.
Then.. I put them in these that you see above. For lack of something... somewhere...
THEN...
I came upon an idea.. and put my hubby to work!
He made a cedar tray. Plain at first.



Then, I asked for handles, so that I could easily carry it to and fro...



Now these handles are RARE, hard to find and come across. They are REAL cedar limbs. He just fell a tree the other day. And ONLY found about four of these. Luckily... I got two of 'em.
They are so beautiful! I love WOOD. The REAL thing. [not from china, you know???)

So then...
As you can see in the next photo... I added ALL THOSE BOOKS! And they ALL fit! And they look GOOD! Even tho they are all different... colors and sizes... You see it, and you're like, 'WOW! What is that??? Can I look?' Of course, I want people to LOOK!
What do you think???
Below, you can see the curved handles... and the straight ones that he could use. They are quite beautiful also. I held one in place... to show kind of how it would look.

If anyone is interested in one of these crates... they measure about 11.5 x 21.5 (not inc. the handles), and would sell for $30 with the straight handles, and $40 with the curved handles.
This, remember, is the REAL THING!



2 comments:

  1. OMG Super cool!!! :D What a great idea!! :D Now if you could mount it out of the way somewhere??? LOL Where are you going to keep this tray??

    ReplyDelete