Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Fun begins... with Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas!

Here they are! The first tags we made! KC and I got together yesterday and started our HUGE project of making 2 years worth of Tim Holtz' '12 Tags of Christmas'. The Halloween one is NOT part of that group... BUT we HAD to make that one first! All the stamps are by Tim Holtz. Some of the accessories are also. KC (mostly) and I went on a huge 'hunt' to find all the missing components! What fun that was! Thank goodness for Google and online stores.

Be sure to check out Tim's BLOG to see HIS creations, and maybe get hooked?

http://www.timholtz.typepad.com/

Below, are close ups of the tags...



This tag still has a 'title' that we've not done. Turns out Tim's title was from an OLD stamp by Hero Arts... has the word 'celebrate' with other words with it.. anyone got one??????

While we were creating 'his' tags... we decided to make a Halloween book at the same time! The book is from Rusty Pickle. We picked it up at the show... it has lots of pages... all made with the same paper as the TAGS! This is important, as the tags have a 'coating' that work well with the inks and all! So I've shown photos of the tags with the pages we did!


I had to show you a close up of the bats... they were cut with the SLICE (KC's toy)... then covered with Glossy Accents. Love that stuff! It's my new favorite thing to do.

This next one still needs a hanging spider on the right side. We are on the 'hunt' for one. It cannot be too 'cute'... we are trying to stay away from that as much as we can. Yea, I know the house is cute... but it's not too much cute, you know???


The letters were covered with the Glossy Accents also!
The end result was TWO very inky hands! Mine is on the left... and it's my left hand, the one I don't use as much! So you know what my right hand looked like! (my right had to take the photo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment