Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wholly cow! It's already been 2 weeks!

Man! Time sure does pass quickly! Live every moment!
So, without further ado...

The photo above is at the entrance to our property with our NEW address sign! I painted it, and Terry set it up. We love it!



BEV is a really good friend of mine. I've known her for several years via Craft Warehouse. She was a rep for another company. She now lives on the Oregon Coast... and we've not seen each other for probably over a year! But, friendship is an amazing thing... you just continue right where you left off. BUT, you have a LOT of catching up to do! We visited for almost 5 hours! A long lunch full of love and laughter. I love this girl. We ... even tho we've talked and shared many other times, we still discovered more about each other, and found we have so much more in common! Below, even tho it's horribly blurry... we were self portraiting... shows how much FUN we have together!



Below are two adorable dresses I picked up for Kari yesterday at Costco. I can't wait to see them on her daughters! They are for Christmas. They'll get into a package tomorrow... and be on their way!

You know how life can change in an instant? Well mine did early Sunday morning. I was heading into work to make up some hours... and just 2 miles from home, on Barlow Trail Road... I hit a deer. Man. I cried... HATED it! I felt so bad. I saw two of them in the distance, and slowed down, and at the last second, one ran right in front of me. I hit the brakes and stopped, but not before I hit the deer. I knocked him/her down, but he got up, faltered a bit, then took off into the underbrush. I couldn't find him. I was so undecided what to do. But... sobbing all the way, I drove back home. It's amazing.. as you can see below, it sure doesn't lOOK like much damage was done to my car. No airbags, even my drink didn't go flying out of the drink holder... BUT... the radiator broke.. and more.. and caused $3400 in damage!!! Geesh. Thank goodness for insurance. Farmers has been... wonderful. So friendly, concerned, and fast.


So, I had to decide what to drive in the interim... I wanted a pickup. So I (courtesy of Farmers.. that I pay for, you know)... here's my ride! A 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup! Huge. WOW! Fun to drive. But, driving to work early yesterday morning... I went 20 miles an hour on Barlow Trail Road.. so afraid I was going to hit another deer!


One of Terry's hobbies is taking pictures of our silly cats. He found Abbott curled up in one of his favorite spots... the bathroom sink!

And, last, but not least... is our latest creation. A kitty tree! They love to scratch it.. get on it??? Well, sometimes. Kitty's are moody. Picky. They just wanta do what they wanta do. So... will we keep it as a kitty tree? Or use it for a carving display? hmmm. For now, it's empty, except for an occasional kitty.. Terry has NO carvings right now. They are all gone!!! He's gonna carve a ... SANTA next. I can't wait to see what he comes up with. I'll keep you all posted!


1 comment:

  1. Great Post! Love your Blog. Bev looks good. You two crack me up! You HIT A DEER! Oh my heck! That must have been so scary. So sorry. Nice truck you got to drive. You crack me up again! ;o) ooxx`jod

    ReplyDelete